Free Loaner Cars
T.A.C.S. has a fleet of FREE Loaner Cars while your repairs are being completed. They are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis and require a minimum repair of $2,000.00 or greater to qualify. If your repair qualifies for a FREE Loaner Car, we will schedule your repair so that a car is available for you. Keep in mind if taking advantage of a T.A.C.S. FREE Loaner Car we ask that you are flexible with your appointment due to many factors T.A.C.S. can’t control. If you need a car before that time, we have a strong relationship with multiple rental car agencies that can have a car available for you to pick up at our facility when you drop your car off for repair. Please keep in mind T.A.C.S. will not be responsible for the rental car expense.
Download Our Loaner Car Agreement (PDF, 80KB)
- Can anyone have a FREE Loaner Car? In order to qualify for a FREE Loaner Car your repair must be a minimum of $2000.00 or greater. You must have a valid New York State Driver’s License and be over the age of 25. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE. If you do not qualify for any reason and decide to rent a vehicle, car rental agencies all have their own individual rules for customers.
- Who is responsible for damage to the FREE Loaner Car? On the day you drop your vehicle off for repair and pick up your FREE Loaner Car both you and a T.A.C.S. Service Manager will inspect the vehicle for physical damage. All damage will be noted, along with the mileage, and gas level on the T.A.C.S. Loaner Agreement. When you return the FREE Loaner Car you and a T.A.C.S. Service Manager will check in the vehicle. If there is any new damage to the Loaner Car your will be responsible for the repairs. T.A.C.S. reserves the right to repair any damage to our FREE Loaner Cars. If additional damage is found, T.A.C.S. will allow an outside Appraisal Group to estimate the cost of repairs. No estimates from other shops will be accepted. We have a strict policy that your vehicle will not be released until full payment is made for any new damage to the FREE Loaner Car.
- What if I don’t qualify for a FREE Loaner Car? T.A.C.S. loaner vehicles are FREE. If you are renting a vehicle from Enterprise or another rental company, your insurance may cover the expense. If your insurance company will not cover the expense you have 2 options. Option #1- if you qualify for a FREE loaner car you can wait to schedule your repairs until a FREE loaner car is available. Option #2- we can set up a rental vehicle with Enterprise or another rental company for you. Please keep in mind that a rental vehicle is at your expense.
- Where do I return the FREE Loaner Car or Rental Car? If you are in a T.A.C.S. FREE Loaner car, you can simply drop it off when you pick up your repaired vehicle. Many rental car agencies will also allow you to drop the car off at our facility at no charge to you. Make sure to ask them their policy when you rent the vehicle.
- How long can I keep the FREE Loaner Car? As our customer you are able to keep the FREE Loaner Car as long as your vehicle is at our facility being repaired. Due to the high demand for our FREE Loaner Cars we ask you return the car to T.A.C.S. no later than 24 hours after T.A.C.S. has notified you that your repairs are complete. In order to provide the same level of service for all our customers we must charge $50.00/day beyond the 24 hour period.
Contact Us Today
PO Box 265, 525 Route 9W, Glenmont NY 12077, Phone: (518) 462-3977 Fax: (518) 462-1035